GOLD COAST PRIVATE MATERNITY
At Gold Coast Private Maternity, everyone gets the royal treatment. All of our added luxuries come included for both Mums and their partners.
Built in 2016, our bright and airy maternity ward features five birth suites, 25 private, ensuited rooms with double beds or sofa beds and a nine-cot Special Care Nursery open 24 hours a day that cares for sick or premature babies from 32 weeks gestation. The ward enjoys views across the skyline to the ocean and features lounge rooms, education areas and kitchenettes.
Families also have access to Gold Coast Private’s skilled specialists, surgeons and services including paediatrics, emergency and intensive care so we can look after your family, for life.
We are dedicated to providing you with a personalised experience in a nurturing environment while offering a full range of services to support you through pregnancy, birth and into motherhood. Our caring and highly skilled team of health professionals, including midwives, obstetricians and paediatricians, will work together to ensure that you have a safe and memorable experience.
Our five, modern birth suites are fitted with state-of-the-art technology, including K2 fetal monitoring systems, and provide a variety of resources that can be used during childbirth including a bath for water immersion, birth balls, mats and stools. The suites also have a kitchenette with drinks and snacks and a fridge where you can keep your own food
The maternity ward features 25 private rooms with ensuites. The rooms feature either a double or single bed with added comfort for support persons wishing to stay overnight. There is in-room Foxtel and WiFi and he ward has a lounge area and kitchenette, and a dedicated area for baby bathing and education.
Special Care Nursery
The nursery has nine Special Care Cots for premature babies 32 weeks and over and a team of highly specialised nursing staff with paediatric support. Mothers are given the opportunity to be with their baby 24 hours a day and are assisted with skin-to-skin contact, breastfeeding and expressing.
- Online and in-person antenatal classes and opportunities for education from preconception, to birth and beyond including mindfulness, hypno-birthing, first aid and yoga
- Lactation consultant
- Two in-home midwife visits after discharge
- Ongoing support with direct access to midwives any time of the day or night
- Sleep & Settle program through the Paediatric Care Centre
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Three-course, chef-created celebration dinner with beer, wine and mocktails
- Daily high tea with fresh fruit, house-baked treats, sandwiches and iced-tea
- Daily afternoon antipasto and cheese plates with fresh fruit
- In-room snack box with goodies including our own lactation cookies and bliss balls
- Twice-weekly Acai bowls and smoothie classes
- Luxurious personal body wash and moisturiser
- Gold Coast Private teddy bear
It's All About You
Gold Coast Private Hospital is a Healthscope-operated facility. Healthscope is a leading private healthcare provider in Australia with 43 hospitals as well as a market leading international pathology operation in New Zealand. We believe in the provision of quality healthcare for our patients. Our team of over 18,000 employees understands that healthcare is a special business. Healthscope staff provide quality care and positively contribute to the clinical outcomes of our patients 24/7, 365 days a year.